Henry Sarjeant 1829 – 1912
The Sarjeant Gallery Te Whare o Rehua exists because of the generous gift and vision of our founding benefactor Henry Sarjeant. Indeed, the very heart of our collections have come to us by way of donations, bequests and legacies. The Gallery is very grateful for such munificence and these gestures are recognised as being most important in the ongoing development of the Sarjeant and its Collections.
The focus of our activity right now is securing support to progress the redevelopment project. This project will preserve our collections for the future, protect the Gallery’s nationally-important heritage building and immeasurably improve access to the collections for visitors and schools.
How to give
There are many ways to help support the Sarjeant.
- Support the redevelopment project by becoming one of our Thousand Stars
- Become a Sarjeant Business Partner
- Make an instant donation online via the GIVE tile below where you can make an immediate payment of $50, $100, $250, $500 or $1,000 via our Gallery shop
- Send a cheque made out to the Sarjeant Gallery Trust to P.O. Box 998, Whanganui
- Make a one-off donation in person at the Gallery
If you would like to talk about how you can help sustain the Sarjeant with a gift of art, leaving a bequest or financial support beyond what’s noted above, please contact Greg Anderson, the Sarjeant Gallery’s Director: email@example.com or phone +64 (0)6 349 3246 / 027 264 7099.
The Sarjeant Gallery Trust is a Registered Charity, number CC30610, and monetary donations to the Trust of $5 or more are eligible for a 33% tax credit.
We gratefully acknowledge the support of our Corporate Members and Sponsors –